My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

My Music Video


Thursday 16 November 2017

Video Games & Me

At the current point, I play no games whatsoever. I'm not entirely sure why this is but I used to play a lot more in the past. At a younger age, around 7/8 I had a Tamagochti and regularly played on that, I also played many online mini games at home based around TV shows on Disney Channel and CBBC. At around 11/12 I had a PlayStation 2 which I used with a microphone attachment with friends or my sister to play two player singing based games like Singstar or American Idol. I continued to largely play games at home and upgraded to a Wii, branching out into more action/adventure games like Mario Kart and Wii sports resort. Often at friends houses, these same games would be in use regularly. I also played Just Dance very regularly and I think the period between the ages of 11-14 was the height of my gaming use. I also had a Nintendo DS and would play role playing games like cooking mama, ImagineDoctor and ImagingTeacher. With my increased use of portable modes of game playing like DS, my phone an iPad, I think the social aspect I used to have largely disappeared different reason for gaming. Rather than playing as a social activity, I began playing more as a boredom buster. As I got into year 10 and 11, I played on the train to school on my iPhone, games like temple run, candy crush and solitaire. These games were played more addictively than when I was younger and I got into the habit of playing these at the same times everyday. Towards the middle of year 11, GCSE revision put a stop to most of the iPhone games I would play as I lacked the time to try and try to complete one level and since then I haven't got back into the habit again.

1 comment:

  1. Via the process of reflection, you've dug deep and found your inner gamer – well done, Tilly! Connecting your experiences (and those of your classmates) to audience theory will take your writing to the next level.

    ReplyDelete