My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

My Music Video


Monday 1 October 2018

Post 8: My Website Homepage

The brief requires me to create a website which I am going to do via Wix and a second linked page.

Design & Inspirations

A website I have largely drawn inspiration from is that of Nicki Minaj, as I feel like of all the ones I've looked at, hers provides fans with clarity of inspiration and clear messages about her design. It rewards fans for visiting with exclusive news and immediacy value.

I'm going to use a colour palette of three colours and I have chosen a pink and blue for my main two as they are replicated in the lighting I use in my music video and in many of the costumes my artist wears.

Layout
I like the use of rolling pages which fans can scroll down and this also works with the idea that fans would view my website via smartphones where they don't want to be clicking too much. Conventionally, artist websites are fairly minimal so having only two pages but very content heavy ones are whats expected.

To create synergy I will splash a video player across my homepage, as shown below on Nicki Minaj's for her most recent single.


A focal image of my persona, as on Nervo's webpage, reinforces my look and identity and so encourages fan engagement with the person rather than just the lyrics.
The layout for my homepage 

I have identified the following checklist of necessities for my webpage
  • Masthead with logo
  • Promo Shots
  • Adverts for latest single/album (usually in a pop up)
  • Tour Dates/Bookings/Festivals/Radio appearances
  • Merchandising
  • Social Media links
  • Calls to action to sign up to newsletters
  • Links to music videos



No comments:

Post a Comment